PDA

View Full Version : CKPT: Checkpoint block nesting overflow - - FATAL!

3dworks
03-21-2005, 09:38 AM
hello

anyone got this error message? i have a *big* problem after a surface presets editing session. now each time when i quit LW there is an alert box:

'CKPT: Checkpoint block nesting overflow - - FATAL!'

after this dialog my powermac hangs completely!

i already mailed to tech support, but maybe other mac users have had this experience and can help...

LW 8.2.1, OSX 10.3.8, powermac G5, 4G RAM, ATI radeon mac special edition, double monitor setup.

best regards

markus

3dworks
03-21-2005, 10:40 AM
ok - i already resolved the trouble: i did some 'spring cleaning' with my presets and put some IFW2 shaders into one single folder inside the presets folder stucture. apparently this resulted into this fatal error. so you are warned... .-)

in any case there should be a nice warning message, not this kind of harakiri thing... :-(

markus

Scazzino
03-22-2005, 10:22 AM
I've seen that dialog when I accidently double clicked on the LW application folder rather than the plugin folder when scanning for plugins...

-MikeS

davesink
06-02-2005, 02:48 PM
Suddenly most of my plugins including Swift 3D and fPrime have disappeared from the plugins menu and when I try to scan the directory I get the dreaded "Checkpoint block nesting" error message followed by a total lockup in 8.2. As a test. I tried scanning the plugin directory in 7.5 which I still have installed and get the same error message, though I'm able to force quit.
LW is on a server, so I'm not able to do a lot of self maintenence, but no one else on the network seems to be experiencing the same problem. The tech guys are stumped, and are leaning toward doing a reinstall, but since both 7.5 AND 8.2 are wonky, I'm thinking there may be more to it than that.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Scazzino
06-02-2005, 07:43 PM
The only time that I saw that error was when I accidently clicked on the entire Applications folder when scanning plugins. I think if the directory structure you try to scan is too deep, it may overflow the plugin scanner...

-MikeS