PDA

View Full Version : SX-8 Can not get the composite out

tuan
04-20-2003, 08:37 AM
Component out is present on my SX-8 box, however I can not have the composite output 1 to 4.

Is there any body have the same problem like me?

Jim Capillo
04-20-2003, 08:39 AM
Do you have component or composite selected in your preferences?

Is your bob an "A" model ?

tuan
04-20-2003, 09:08 AM
Offcourse I had tried both setting as you mentioned. What do you mean by saying BOB moel "A"? How do I know what is the model of my BOB?

bbeanan
04-20-2003, 10:33 AM
I have had the same problem. You can only have either Y/C & Composite or Component... not all 3. I many times use the Component out to run my projectors and had wanted to use the Y/C or Composite to run my confidence monitors and backstage previews, but I can't.
Also if I remember correctly from the manual (yep I read parts of mine :) ) if you use the Y/C on row 1 then you can not use the Composite on row 1 outputs

Call me crazy but I think all outputs should be active and usable all of the time at the same time... The toaster should send Component out to BOB and within BOB split to 8 Component, use hardware to bump down to Y/C and further hardware to bump down to Composite (which I use a little inline converter I purchased for $19 which does Y/C - Composite)

Jim Capillo
04-20-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by tuan
Offcourse I had tried both setting as you mentioned. What do you mean by saying BOB moel "A"? How do I know what is the model of my BOB?

Lower right hand corner will display the serial number. On the end is either an "A", "B" or "C" as the last letter. The early bobs had some issues, but I don't know if that is your problem. More likely it is what bbeanan outlined........:confused:

Paul Lara
04-20-2003, 06:08 PM
Not sure what is causing your problem, but to clarify some of the above posts...

While you must choose between component or Y/C out, the 4 Composite outs should always be hot.

tuan
04-23-2003, 12:42 PM
Paul! I had tried all the suggestion but it is not successful. How can I clarify that the BOX is faulty?

jcupp
04-26-2003, 10:28 AM
1) Do you can get composite out using the breakout cable that should have come with your Toaster.
No - Bad Toaster card
Yes - continue to step 2

2)Do you get composite after swapping the #3 and #4 cables going to the bob.
Yes - bad #4 cable
No - bad Bob

tuan
04-29-2003, 11:05 AM
We have another SX8 to test. The card is working OK w. the new SX-8. It is the time for me to send it to NewTek