PDA

View Full Version : RSS feed?

StereoMike
03-20-2005, 10:25 AM
Is there a chance to get an rss feed like they have it at lwg3d and spinquad?
Would be nice to have one for each section.

Am I the only one who wants rss feed, or are there some more?

Silkrooster
03-20-2005, 04:53 PM
I read a little bit about it, still not sure much on how it works. Would you explain how that would benefit me, if they were to add the rss feed.
Silk

Bytehawk
03-20-2005, 06:53 PM
what's the adress for the spinquad feed? didn't know about that one.

edit :
duh
http://www.spinquad.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS

found it

StereoMike
03-20-2005, 11:50 PM
@ Silkrooster:
rss: rich site summary

you can get new threadheaders in a list, from which you can directly go to the thread you like. Browser like Firefox implement rss feeds in a very convenient way, so for spinquad and lwg3d or news, slashdot and the like I got dropdown lists with the actual threads (which are dynamically updated). I don't have to visit the page each time to know what's going on there.

Explanation on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Site_Summary

Silkrooster
03-21-2005, 01:29 AM
Thanks for that link. I guess I am getting behind the times. I only recently heard about xml. That was only because I was looking at Adobe products and MS Office.
I suppose since Office incorporates xml, that ver 7 of IE should have some type of rss viewer.
This is something, I need to keep my eye on, as it looks very interesting. I could see posting headlines of articles from software manufactures right on my web site. Perhaps allowing the reader to click on the headline to link them to the original article.
I think your right it would be in the best interest of Newtek, as they could get the word out about their product even faster.
Silk

Red_Oddity
03-21-2005, 02:37 AM
With Firefox, whenever you reach a RSS feed enabled site, like say SpinQuad, a orange RSS button will appear on the lower right side of the Firefox window, when pressing that one, you can choose what RSS feed you want to bookmark
When bookmarked, all you have to do is click that RSS bookmark and it will show all current thread headers (in the example of SpinQuad offcourse)

Most news sites support this feature, very handy, no more need to load in every site