PDA

View Full Version : Copy Paste Undo Buttons - gone!

bobakabob
03-20-2005, 07:24 AM
I've just got LW 8 and the Copy Paste Undo Buttons in Modeler are now buried under Edit :eek:

I know there was some discussion here a while back but I can't find the thread.

This is seriously hampering workflow - fundamental modelling teatures are now two or even three clicks away and the shortcuts aren't much better. Why make such an odd change? :(

Is there any way of restoring the buttons back where they belong without going back to the 7.5 preset interface in 8?

Newtek, please bring back these buttons!!!

Cheers,

Bob

Karmacop
03-20-2005, 08:28 AM
Go to "edit menu layout" then drag the undo and redo buttons into the bottom edge section. I too think this was a really stupid idea, and I've changed my layout to be very different from the LW8 base.

Who ever thought up hat new UI layout obviously doesn't use lightwave much (backdrop/image processing/volumetrics are in a very awkward place) or they are use it a lot and know their shortcuts (undo and redo shouldn't require going into a mnu because it is used a lot). In short, the interface is more organised, but less usable. :(

Ztreem
03-20-2005, 09:44 AM
I think the new shortcuts for copy, paste and undo is a blessing. For the first time LW is following some sort of standard.

About the UI layout, I agree.

bobakabob
03-20-2005, 04:16 PM
Karmacop,
Thanks, I'm customising the interface now. Good points about the design. I'm really impressed with LW 8.2.1 so far - lots of new tools and very stable. But totally baffled by these changes in the default Modeler interface.

Ztreem,
I know the shortcuts can be easily customised, but surely such basic functions should be 1 keystroke away, not 2?

Cheers,

Bob

Ztreem
03-20-2005, 05:15 PM
I know the shortcuts can be easily customised, but surely such basic functions should be 1 keystroke away, not 2?

Maybe so, It's about taste I think.
I use alot of other apps in windows and ALL of the other apps including windows it self use for an example Ctrl+c for copy and Ctrl+z for undo. I think Newtek did the right thing when they changed those shortcuts, now it's not a pain anymore when you try to copy or undo things in LW. :cool: