PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious polygons in Sub-patch Object

yevlar
03-19-2005, 10:14 PM
I can't quite find an explanation for this, though it's probably me doing something wrong.

For some reason, in any sub-patch object I model, I eventually get these mysterious, flat polygons in the center of it. My assumption is that its probably a mysatek in mirroring half the object across the x-axis, but does anyone know any specific things that would cause this? And, more importantly, can I delete these polygons without harming the object?

Here's a link to a screenshot. The mystery polygons are highlighted.

http://www.mrboy.com/penguin.jpg

Panikos
03-19-2005, 11:59 PM
Of couse you can delete them.
While in Modeler, u can use the perspective view, Zoom and Rotate until you can clearly click on them. Select them one by one, or two and cut them.

Good luck
:)

yevlar
03-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Actually, I discovered that selecting one of the visible polygons and then using Select Connected only selects those mystery polygons and not the rest of the object, so I presume these polygons aren't even part of the object itself.

Thanks for the help!

meanlebh
03-21-2005, 03:17 PM
before you mirror your object, select all of the points going down the very middle, and then hit "v" on the keyboard and set their value at 0 just incase any of them aren't quite on the x axis...then when you mirror make sure that you have "merge points" checked off....this may not be the cause of your problems but it may help, and in any case it is not a bad thing to make sure that you do to help avoid any problems in the future....