PDA

View Full Version : Make license Key has wiped my License no !

andy gee
03-19-2005, 08:08 AM
Hi everydoby

i have done something really stupid i was exploring lightwave layout.

and under the addtional drop down i selected the make license key " Just out of

curiosity a command came up " cant remeber what it said.

and now when i start either modeler or layout it says " LICENSE KEY NOT FOUND "

contact Newtek to get a permanent license key.

My version of lightwve has been registered, i have just made a silly mistake which

has wiped my license off.

SO WHAT DO I DO ????????????

This is quite a pain, so if anybody can help then that would be great

thank you

Andy Gee

JamesCurtis
03-19-2005, 09:43 AM
Andy,

Accidents happen. Actually, I wish the Make License Key menu item would grey out once LW is registered, but such is not the case, so, here is what to do.

You should be able to get your License Key back again by clicking on the Products tab at the top of this forum page, select Lightwave 3D. Next click on the Downloads tab. When the next page loads You'll see "Software Updates". Click on an update. At the bottom of the next page you'll see "Login and Download Here". Click on it. When you Login you will need your password. Once you do this you'll be taken to the page where you can see your License Key number. Enter this number into the Register menu item from within Lightwave.

If you don't know your password you'll have to call Newtek Tech Support to talk to someone about your problem.

Personally, to avoid a problem like this again, I'd write the Key number down and put it with your Lightwave install discs. This way, if it does happen again somehow, you'll be able to enter it again.

Hope this helps.

BeeVee
03-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Of course, if you are based in Europe James' helpful guide will be of no use to you, send me an email to [email protected] and I'll sort you out on Monday.

B

andy gee
03-20-2005, 01:35 AM
Hi

Thanks for the help offer, i have managed to sort this out on my own.

i was enetering my license key for version 7.5.

So i looked in my Lightwave 8 package box and found the license and all the info i

needed there.

I just tyed in the license key in to the license document in the lightwave 8 folder

and BINGO !!!

Thanks Anyway

Andy Gee