PDA

View Full Version : Scroll Length

RayLarson
03-19-2005, 06:53 AM
Am I missing something? I need a scroll exactly 30 seconds (or any specific length). Is there a way I can set that length in the CG? I seem to be unable to make that happen

Ivan
03-19-2005, 08:28 AM
This is going to be tough to do and it may or may not look great. If you save the CG Project you will get a PNG of the page. Now all you need to do is bring it into your timeline, drag it out to 30 seconds, in Control Tree resize, position and set the first keyframe, go to the end and set the last keyframe and you are done. Now you will need to be sure that HQ and ISS are on or it may be jumpy if it is not timed up with the scan of the TV. If it flickers you may need to adjust the space between the lines to make the scroll page taller or shorter.

Ivan

RayLarson
03-19-2005, 12:46 PM
Thanks Ivan,

It is as I suspected....using a .png does not look that great and using the Toaster CG motion page makes it iffy, at best, to get a scroll of a determined length. If the scroll is shortened or lengthened is jumps and looks awful. In addition, if I try to run the scroll and have if stop the last text in the middle of the screen it won't.

I guess I am going to have to go back to Abode Premiere for this type of work, as much as I hate too.

Ivan
03-19-2005, 07:10 PM
You could do the motion in Aura with Keyframer and it may look better.

Ivan

bradl
03-19-2005, 11:28 PM
Ray, the PNG scroll in VT can look very good but only at certain speeds (multiples of FPS) so the fielding doens't flicker.

Like Ivan said Aura/Mirage might do a smooth job, just load the PNG as a brush and you're good to go with keyframer.

RayLarson
03-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Guess I am going to have to learn about Aura....never used it. I have been too busy being forced by my employer to learn FCP. Talk about a dog. And this is the gold standard?? Next I have to learn Avid. I can blow both of them out of the water now but HR is having a fit beciase I am working at home (LOL). I save them money and I am getting punished.

Oh well.....who said life was fair.

Toaster needs better CG..that's for sure but the titler in FCP is a joke. Motion is a slick program but all that being said. I'll stick with my VT3

sbrandt
03-30-2005, 08:46 AM
The titler in Vegas Video 5 will work like it's supposed to!
It does very nice scrolls.