PDA

View Full Version : Please Improve Schematic view

coremi
03-19-2005, 12:08 AM
i'd like to see more options in schematic view, i do Broadcast Animations and i use it a lot:
can u put on the right+click contextual menu:

-hide for all selected objects at once
-lock for all selected objects at once
-posibility to select many objects and move them around, change colour or wire at once for all selected objects
-drop down menu with include lights, exclude light, so i cand select 5 objects, right+click and choose wich light doesn't affect this objects.
-subdivision level, also for many objects at once.
-etc...

bassicaly most of the options from scene editor, cause scene editor is pretty complex and is way much faster with schematic view.

thanx a lot

also, guys come and share more about this, for sure u have better and more ideas than me, only if u're interested in this tool.

telamon
03-26-2005, 10:56 AM
it is more than a requirement. I would like that all tool be available with a right click.

Moreover, it would be very nice if we could have :

auto arrange : select one bone and the boxes are arranged in any direction (up, down left, right, angled...)

group & collapse so that not everything is displayed in the view.

pin: to lock the position of the boxes

Text management : so that the name of objects could be displayed entirely in the box.

Box size management in order to highlite important objects.

Make bigger boxes with a transparent thick border.

Let us select where we want arrows to be attached in a way similar to MS Visio.

Write the name of the expression on the links

Have a small comment in each box (eg IK controlled, Expression driven...)

evenflcw
03-26-2005, 12:53 PM
I don't want NT to decide how my menus should look (I always seem to find them either lacking or not fitting my workflow) so I'd suggest they simply add a Schematic View Mouse Button menu group in the Menu Configuration panel so everyone could customize their own. With even more menu groups added we could have context sensitive menus. But I'll save that request for another thread :)

EDIT:
Also the way the schematic view is handled (the way items are placed automatically) is so poor and basic that all it ever ends up with is a mess. It's useless unless you take the time to arrange the times yourself.