PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions Needed

ViolentCaustics
03-18-2005, 09:14 AM
Ok, I've been given the task of modelling and animating some balloons attached to a central object falling through the sky and was wondering some approaches some of you Lightwave guru's would take to building this animation. Their will a number of balloons attached to a central object with cables. While the object is falling through the sky the balloon clusters will be flapping around and whatnot before the they actually deploy. I was wondering, how would you guys approach it where the cables that attach the balloon clusters to the central object will conform to these balloon packs that are flapping around and also remain attached to the central object?? Would setting up a bone structure be the best approach? I haven't done this stuff in awhile so I'm not exactly sure how to approach this.
thanks!

Ztreem
03-19-2005, 02:48 AM
You could do it with dynamics but it can be difficult and take some time to get the result you want. I would recomend doing it with bones.

Here's a quick test I did with dynamics, just to see if it was possible. :D
http://www.mistanimations.com/Baloon_dynamics.mov

ViolentCaustics
03-21-2005, 08:01 AM
Ztreem, thanks for the info that's pretty much what I wanted. hmmm, now time to study up on dynamics. :D