PDA

View Full Version : Completed Short Film...

paulmcg1
03-17-2005, 12:04 AM
Hey everyone, some of you saw my old post from a few days ago about doing a new short film on "Rock, Paper, Scissors". Well that idea was changed to "Rock, Paper, .....Peanut". Don't know what im talking about? Well its a short that I finished tonight and I am posting it to the Newtek community. Id just like to say thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way in creating this, you know who you are. Now can I have my grammy? :D I hope you all enjoy, as this will be my first film :).

Here it is: Rock, Paper,.....Peanut? (www.paulmcgrade.com/Rock%20Paper...Peanut.mpg) Enjoy :)

paulmcg1
03-17-2005, 03:47 AM
Anyone watch yet? :( Want to know what you all think of it :o

ned
03-17-2005, 05:34 AM
It's cute but you should spend more time on the texture. I wouldn't have known it was supposed to be a peanut if you hadn't said it.

Also the morphing when the peanut twists his "head" around stretches the texture too much.

c0deb0y
03-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Agreed. The texture is too uniform around the peanut- especially since it doesn't have that figure 8 shape that many associate with peanuts. Also, the grey surface that the peanut is on and the rock lands on doesn't really look right, so it looks like the rock is still kind of floating at the end when it lands. If this is supposed to be paper then maybe try adding lines to it like binder paper and some shadows to the scene that will indicate the proximity of the objects to one another.

The animation is pretty cute though. Reminds me of Bambi vs. Godzilla.