PDA

View Full Version : Epita's Crazy Plane

StuartB
04-19-2003, 02:22 PM
Okay guys, check this out, and tell me what ya think....

Click here to see the Crazy Plane (http://www.orkanix.com/epita/somf.avi)

It's DivX, and is roughly 3.2mbs

Cyborgguineapig
04-19-2003, 06:21 PM
Maybe its my media player but only 1/4 of the movie shows and Not to sound rude but, Maybe if Epita made "modelling" progress than people could better crit his work. There is a lot that can be done model wise to that plane to make it much more special. Try adding more detail to your models and try to model some real actual moving parts instead of doors, wheel supports just moving into the main model as this looks kinda ametuer. I want this to be a positive crit not a negative one. Look at some real plane pictures and start adding details, the plane just looks like a few primatives right now. But still, I couldn't do this at his age so he gets credit for that.

I'm pretty new to hear and lightwave but not to modelling and I think there is much room for improvement rather than multiple showings of animations of the same model with no geometric improvement.

MorituriMax
04-19-2003, 10:18 PM
Nice movie.. if you had a decent plane to go in it you'd be there!

Heheheh, not meaning to sound harsh, but that would probably be a candidate for the WIP forum.. flesh the plane out and make it look like it can actually do what a real plane could...

Seeya!

Again, nice animation...

Rei
04-20-2003, 02:04 AM
Posting for Epita.

The plane is for a game, and ive allready reached near the top polycount, so there is not that much detail, when i fully texture the thing, its going to look much better but for now thats it.

Epita

MorituriMax
04-20-2003, 02:41 AM
Oh!

Didn't know that... hope it works out... maybe you'll show us some screen shots when you finish?

Have a good one!

Zarathustra
04-20-2003, 08:44 AM
when i fully texture the thing, its going to look much better

So maybe your friend, or another incarnation of yourself (how many IDs do you have here, Epita?) should post these things of yours in the WIP forum.

"Finished" does not mean finished, for now, until I make another change.

What is so hard about this concept?

oxyg3n
04-25-2003, 01:42 PM
What did Epita do to ban herself??

I have tried to find out but didnt see the thread where she went overboard or something!

Randog
04-30-2003, 12:08 PM
Man - That is crappy.

Hiraghm
04-30-2003, 08:39 PM
Epita got banned about the same time I posted the email from wyoming22. It could be coincidence.... :(

Rei
05-01-2003, 12:09 PM
It wasnt.