PDA

View Full Version : Did your registration Databases go poof when the site was down?

sami
03-16-2005, 02:30 AM
hi...

My customer area seems to have reverted to unregistered status ever since your website was down a few days ago. It also seemed to forget my login for a few days and now finally today it allowed me to log back into the customer area.

But alas my registered copies of LW are not registered according to the customer area now? :confused: Should I re-register? Did your customer database get toasted? I'd like to download 8.2.1 but cant get to it until this is solved apparently.

thanks for your help
:) sami

Kurtis
03-16-2005, 01:59 PM
sami,

I have not heard any reports of this happening, but all you need to do is contact Customer Service for your area, and they should be able to get everything straightened out for you.

sami
03-16-2005, 06:21 PM
thanks Kurtis.

I did email [email protected] a few days ago and got no response. Should I go ahead and re-register on the site then and re-enter my registration details (which have been there since v4.0 of LW actually ;) )??

Kurtis
03-16-2005, 06:31 PM
sami,

No, don't re-register online. Give them a call (1-800-TOASTER), and let them do it manually, so the registration won't get doubled-up.

sami
03-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Is there an email address handy that they actually respond to? I'm overseas at present and timezones are a pain to call at the right time with my schedule(unless they are 24 hrs? :p ) thanks though :)

Kurtis
03-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Are you registered with NewTek North America or with NewTek Europe?

sami
03-16-2005, 09:05 PM
I don't know. I registered when I bought LW 4.0 5 and 6 in NYC in North America(as opposed the NYC elsewhere :p ) and then bought and registered upgrades for 7 and 8 in Australia/NZ. I had to at some point send the Australian dealer a photocopy of my parallel dongle and then it eventually got replaced with a USB one when I got 7 I think....

So the short answer is yes to North America and I don't know to elsewhere even though I am at present located in NZ.

Kurtis
03-17-2005, 07:44 AM
sami,

Just sent you a Private Message.