PDA

View Full Version : EPS Export & Import

Ztreem
03-15-2005, 09:36 AM
I think it's about time the EPS exporter starts to support curves and perspective view in modeler.

For the import version, I think it should at least support newer versions than illustrator 8.

Mylenium
03-15-2005, 10:19 AM
I think it's about time the EPS exporter starts to support curves and perspective view in modeler.

For the import version, I think it should at least support newer versions than illustrator 8.

I don't think that newer versions than 8 would be doable without extensive licensing fees or major reverse engineering. Basically what you have in newer versions of IL are protected PDF-files with meta-data so the file remains editable. In other programs you have the same problem.

Mylenium

Ztreem
03-15-2005, 10:28 AM
I don't think that newer versions than 8 would be doable without extensive licensing fees or major reverse engineering. Basically what you have in newer versions of IL are protected PDF-files with meta-data so the file remains editable. In other programs you have the same problem.

Mylenium

OK! that's not a big issue. I think the export support for curves and perspective view is far more importent. :cool:

Bytehawk
03-15-2005, 01:23 PM
Well, I would jump of joy if they fixed the plugin.
It doesn't seem to work in 8.2.1
a) it doesn't figure in the export menu anymore
b) when I add the plugin and run it I get an error
http://users.skynet.be/bytehawk/cgtalk/grab.jpg

hrgiger
03-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Bytehawk, it doesn't work for me either but it does seem to work for some people But even the people that it works for, it still does not support the curved subpatched lines. So it needs addressed. We've waited this long for subpatch UV's, it's not too much to ask to be able to export them as well.

I've also sent a email to feature requests....

Bytehawk
03-16-2005, 01:56 PM
at the moment I can help myself with the superuv plugin (commercial plugin). It features an emf export thingy. But I was amazed this eps one was broken, I bumped onto this fault about a week ago when I was heavily texturing an object...