PDA

View Full Version : help needed please with steroscopic rendering

lexxloothaw
03-14-2005, 02:35 PM
Can anyone help me a little with this:

I want to save a rendered scene from Lightwave 8 using the stereoscopic camera option. I want to have seperate files for LEFT and RIGHT camera views. When I try to render using the steroscopic rendering option I get .....

Frame1L Frame 1R Frame2L Frame2R ....... which is no good to me

and what I want is

Frame 1L Frame 2L Frame 3L in one video stream
and
Frame 1R Frame 2R Frame 3R in the next video stream

Can anyone be a Star and help with some useful suggestions, Many Thanks

Lexx

Olivier_m
03-14-2005, 03:13 PM
I supose that if you ask this question it's because you are saving your render as animation file.

Just save it as rgb files.

you'll get fileL0001.xxx fileR0001.xxx fileL0002.xxx fileR0002.xxx then make the animation files you want.

By the way if I can suggest you something it's to never save animations files exept when you want to do a preview.

1st example: if you render scene as animation and that your computer crash during the render. You'll have render again all pictures and not only the ones that were missing.

2nd example: if you want to change an element that appears only during 200 frames, if you render an animation file you will have to render again all frames and not only the 200 frames where the elements you need to change appear.

Ztreem
03-14-2005, 03:15 PM
If you load the saved pictures as a image sequence into a program like Premiere. It should load all the L frames as one sequence and the R ones as an other, because it only load image sequences with the same file name. I havn't tested this but I think it should work.

Boy Floyd
03-10-2014, 11:53 AM
Okay, here's a related question:

11.6 claims to be selective on rendering left, right or center eye. When I tried this I still get all eyes (frames) I just need the center. At the end of the day, I would have way too many frames I don't want.