PDA

View Full Version : Improved Dynamics

Ztreem
03-14-2005, 01:49 PM
I would like to see better collision detection with all dynamics including particles.

Better communication between ClothFX and HardFX. so you can make a rope with ClothFX and let it be connected to a HardFX object and then calculate the two objects together. It would be nice if HardFX wasn't a displacement plugin and applied the dynamics to object itself.

If you have more suggestions to the dynamics, just fill in. :D

Karmacop
03-14-2005, 06:35 PM
I would like to see per poly collision on sub-object parts.

Hervé
03-14-2005, 11:30 PM
faster... and better communication between hard and soft... as Ztreem just said...

Celshader
03-14-2005, 11:45 PM
I would like to see better collision detection with all dynamics including particles.

Better communication between ClothFX and HardFX. so you can make a rope with ClothFX and let it be connected to a HardFX object and then calculate the two objects together. It would be nice if HardFX wasn't a displacement plugin and applied the dynamics to object itself.

One could use EditFX to bake out a null with the HardFX data, parent one end of the ClothFX rope to that and calculate away with ClothFX.

If the HardFX-object's parented to the free-swinging end of a ClothFX rope, one could use EditFX to bake out a null with the motion-path of a point on the end of the ClothFX rope. Parent the HardFX object to that, then calculate away with HardFX.

I'm not 100% sure what scenario would ask that both be calculated together, though I am certain such a scenario exists.

Hm...I wonder if FX_Motion could pinch-hit for HardFX in a ClothFX situation...

---

My #1 request for Dynamics: better technical docs. The DStorm docs (http://www.dstorm.co.jp/FXBREAK/e/) remind me of the old Motion Designer docs (http://www.spaudio.com/LW_stuff/Indexe.htm) -- it all makes perfect sense after I learn the software through trial and error. The docs almost make sense, but I don't "get" it until I do a bunch of tests on my own.

WCameron
03-15-2005, 12:51 AM
We're all waiting for you and HowardM to collaborate on Inside Lightwave 8.X Dynamics, Jen :-)

- Will.

Ztreem
03-15-2005, 01:51 AM
I'm not 100% sure what scenario would ask that both be calculated together, though I am certain such a scenario exists.

A very simple scenario would be two boxes tied together with a rope. You can't calculate just the rope first or only the boxes it would look unrealistic. You can do this today with only clothFX but that doesn't make sense, why should we have both hardfx and clothfx when they don't play together. :confused: