PDA

View Full Version : Conversion Can anyone help me?

fabmedia
03-14-2005, 12:50 PM
I have a client who's using 3D studio max and wants me to do a job (likes my work), but he's unsure about the conversion from Lightwave to Max. Could someone please convert the simple file that I have. It's just a box with UVs and two images. I'm in a desperate need. I will do my best to give help in return for this service. That is on the same level of effort.

hazmat777
03-15-2005, 01:55 AM
This might help...

http://www.micromouse.ca/

Marcia
03-15-2005, 09:14 AM
You might try posting your request on CGTalk, 3D Total, or even TurboSquid, where you're more likely to find someone with Max sw quickly. Otherwise, you could transfer via .3ds (>= 65k polys) or .fbx (handles many polys), if the person at the other end doesn't mind reapplying textures and fiddling with the materials settings.

The file converters (e.g., Poly Trans, Deep Exploration) usually require you to have a copy of Max and a special plug-in installed on your system to make the conversion because Discreet never made their proprietary format (.max) public.

If you learn anything useful about the LW to Max pipeline, could you please post it here? I'm looking for similar info. Thanks!