PDA

View Full Version : Flowing hot Plastic?

hunter
02-13-2003, 05:45 PM
I thought i might turn to the experts on this one. I need to animate a plastic injection mold. This is what they use to make everything from plastic cups to cds. Anyway I've been racking my brain for ideas and I've even thought of using realflow but, and heres the thing, the plastic has to flow at very presice angles.:rolleyes:.
I Think morph targets might be a good idea as well.
In the pic you can see I need the fluid to be injected down and fill the left channel up, spill over the edge and flow at 90 or 45 degrees to the left channel across to the channel on the right and fill it up.
Oh great gurus of the wave please give me your thoughts.

P.S. I've done many searches in the manuels and the old boards,
I've looked at the swishy cup scene that comes with lightwave and tried particles but they don't fill the space accurately, or in fact at all and yes I did press the start button for the simulation:) .

Thank you for your time,
Drew

Rory_L
02-14-2003, 01:39 AM
I really don`t know about this, but can`t you get particles to follow a motion path?

R

cgolchert
02-14-2003, 12:56 PM
In the pic you can see I need the fluid to be injected down and fill the left channel up, spill over the edge and flow at 90 or 45 degrees to the left channel across to the channel on the right and fill it up.

If you have realflow and want to use that... you might be able to create another version of the model with an angled channel wall so it will do the 45 degree fill. Just render with the level "hero" mold.

LW's particles might be able to handle it with this cheat too.

Skonk
02-15-2003, 12:35 PM
You should be able to do this with lightwaves particles and hypervoxels, use the mold as a collision object but also add other collision objects (that dont render) to control the flow as u need it.

James..

SplineGod
02-17-2003, 04:19 AM
Try a free plugin called KO_Polyfit