PDA

View Full Version : importing c4d files

holeycow
03-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Hi

I need to import a cinema4d file into lw8 for a job I'm working on and I'm having no luck.
Anyone know a plug in I can use to help?

Gra

Mylenium
03-12-2005, 05:15 AM
Hi

I need to import a cinema4d file into lw8 for a job I'm working on and I'm having no luck.
Anyone know a plug in I can use to help?

Gra

Nope, approach it the other way around. Export it properly from C4D as OBJ, 3DS or whatever. Do a "Current state to object" before export, so you only have polygonal geometry.

Mylenium

mkiii
03-13-2005, 12:33 PM
FYI Deep Exploration will convert .C4d files to whatever you want, including .LWO

However... at the moment it still only seems to handle C4D version 5 & earlier files... and they are v slow to update these things, so the previous suggestion seems the best tack to follow.

Mylenium
03-13-2005, 10:49 PM
FYI Deep Exploration will convert .C4d files to whatever you want, including .LWO

However... at the moment it still only seems to handle C4D version 5 & earlier files... and they are v slow to update these things, so the previous suggestion seems the best tack to follow.

It's not likely that there will ever be an update in this respect. The file format has changed drastically and development of C4D is so fast these days, there is no way they can keep up with it. One could imagine something like Maya, XSI or MAX, where Deep Exploration hooks into a lokal installation, but unfortunately C4D doesn't work this way either.

Mylenium