PDA

View Full Version : Metalink & Morph Mixer

Greenlaw
03-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to get a Metalinked object to work with Morph Mixer but Metalink seems to overide Morph Mixer. Next I tried running MD Scan to create an .mdd file of the Metalinked object to see if I could add Morph Mixer on top of that, but MD Scan seems to ignore the Metalink displacement.

Does anybody know of a way to get Metalink and Morph Mixer to play nice together?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Best,

D.R. Greenlaw

Greenlaw
03-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Hi,

Just found Metalink Morph, which according to the manual *should* do what I want, but I'm not getting the results I expected. (Mesh is messed up, reminescent of old Metamation point order problem.)

If anybody has an idea for fixing this, please post. Thanks.

D.R. Greenlaw

Celshader
03-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Hi,

Just found Metalink Morph, which according to the manual *should* do what I want, but I'm not getting the results I expected. (Mesh is messed up, reminescent of old Metamation point order problem.)

If anybody has an idea for fixing this, please post. Thanks.

D.R. Greenlaw

I'm using MetaLink_Morph + MetaLink right now with Morph Mixer; it works.

MetaLink_Morph lets you layer additional displacements (bones, morphs, textured displacements) on top of whatever MetaLink's doing. Make sure no other displacements are added to the object other than MetaLink, MetaLink_Morph and Morph Mixer. For example -- turn off bones for the MetaLink_Morph-ed object -- I once had a character's clothes appear to explode because it was layering bone deformations on top of the bone deformations already baked into the lattice's MDD file. Once I removed "Use Bones from Object" on the character's clothes, the clothes stopped exploding.

Greenlaw
03-12-2005, 10:51 AM
Hi,

We did a few basic tests last night and you're right, Metalink Morph is working. However, for some reason we can't get it to work correctly on a particular character in a certain scene. Might be bad geometry in our cloth cage but we decided the problem could wait till Monday morning.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

D.R. Greenlaw

Celshader
03-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Hi,

We did a few basic tests last night and you're right, Metalink Morph is working. However, for some reason we can't get it to work correctly on a particular character in a certain scene. Might be bad geometry in our cloth cage but we decided the problem could wait till Monday morning.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

D.R. Greenlaw

No problem.

Also make sure Sub-D order's set to "Last." A friend once thought a character's morph targets were broken until he realized the Sub-D order was still set to "First."

I've also had MetaLink appear to explode when the object's point order changed. The fix: remove and reapply MetaLink, or reload the scene.

If you have any major trouble, you're welcome to email me.