PDA

View Full Version : 2 Toaster [3] Troubles (audio & no toaster found)

jhogarty
03-11-2005, 02:53 PM
Hi,

Been having a small issue for some time with my toaster box. The first is that it takes many cold boots before I can get the toaster to show up in Windows XP. If I know I want to use the Toaster, or need audio, I boot and check Hardware Devices. Then I usually have to do 3-5 cold boots to get the toaster to show up.

The second problem I'm having is with audio. It echo's real bad when using Quicktime or when playing video games.

Any suggestions? I can post my computer spec's later if that will help. Not on that machine right now. Not sure if I can do some tweaking to fix, or if it is about time to upgrade to toaster [4] and upgrade my pc too.

Thanks!

John....

Jim Capillo
03-11-2005, 05:18 PM
How much other "stuff" do you have loaded on the VT machine? You might have some driver conflicts going on there. Most folks run just the VT from the box, but there are some who have a lot of different programs loaded.

Paul Lara
03-11-2005, 05:55 PM
audio...echoes real bad when using Quicktime or when playing video games. Any suggestions?

John,
The slap-back is likely due to a second audio device, or onboard audio. Disable this, and the audio should play back normally.

jhogarty
03-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Thanks for responding. I'll try to get detailed here:

Motherboard: Intel D850GB
RAM: 1 Gig PC800 Rambus
CPU: P4 1.6GHz
NVidia GeForce FX 5200 (Dual-Head)
Sony DVD RW DRU-510A
3Ware Escalade 6000 IDE RAID
Adaptec USB/Firewire Card
Toaster Card (original)

As for software, I have the Toaster 3 software, Lightwave 8.x, Quicktime, TMPGEnc, Firebird, IE (blah!), iTunes, QuickTime, Nero, Cliprex DVD Player, Acrobat Reader and World of Warcraft (gotta have game time too.)

I will see if Windows XP loaded drivers for the on-board audio card. I disabled it in the BIOS, but after I installed XP. They may affect the echo I'm hearing. But I don't see how that affects the toaster card from not being found.

Just not sure if there is a problem with my Toaster Card or not.

Thanks,

John...

Paul Lara
03-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Just not sure if there is a problem with my Toaster Card or not.

I'm not either, John.
How long have you had this card? Did you purchase it as a VT[3] or did you upgrade from Toaster [2]? If the latter, your hardware may be in need of a quick nip-n-tuck in the hardware lab. I'd say physically re-seat the card, and if symptomps persist, try another PCI slot.

jhogarty
03-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Ah, caught you at the keyboard. :-)

Yes I've had the board since the Frame Factory days. Think it was sent in once around Toaster 2 release. As I've been replying (this is my linux box,) I've rebooted my toaster box 8 times now (cold boot) and the toaster wont intialize. Going for reboot 9.

I'll look into the duplicate audio drivers. If I need to send the board in for a tune-up do I just schedule that with customer service?

Thanks for the input.

John...

ps. reboot 10 brought the toaster alive. I removed the audio drivers for the on-board audio and still have that echo. Think when I send the card back for a tune-up I'll redo this box.

Paul Lara
03-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Ah, caught you at the keyboard. :-)

Just when I was gonna make a clean get-away. ;)

If I need to send the board in for a tune-up do I just schedule that with customer service?

You'll need to get an RMA from Technical support, John.

hasansheikh
03-19-2005, 03:59 AM
I m having EXACTLY same issue with VT3
Please SUPPORT
Hasan

Paul Lara
03-19-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm having EXACTLY same issue with VT3

Hasan,
There have been several issues mentioned in this thread; could you elaborate on which issues you are seeing?

hasansheikh
03-20-2005, 02:26 AM
Dear Paul
My customer's VT was working fine
but now it does not initiliaze at startup
and requires 5~10 cold reboots to try luck initiliazing it.
When not initiliazed, VT application gives error when starting
and no audio hardware shown and no vt hardware shown in windows
as vt is the only audio in the system and not other sound card.

My customer thought that its only the audio which is not initiliazing
as he could not c the audio icon in windows
but i have checked that its actually complete VT not found
and needs 5~15 cold reboots to try it again and then it works
some times.

Please help as my customer is using it for BROADCAST TV STATION
and is critical. i have got it from NewTek EUROPE.

Regards
Hasan

Paul Lara
03-22-2005, 09:22 AM
- Try seating the VT[3] card in anther PCI bus
- Contact NewTek Europe for technical support, as there may be a problem with the card

jhogarty
03-23-2005, 06:30 AM
Paul,

Thank you very much for suggesting I have my toaster card "tuned-up". I sent it back last week and got next day turn-around service. Well you all sent it next day but UPS likes to come when no one is at my house. :-)

Plugged her in, fired up the PC and it has been working every time. I still have a small, odd, audio problem when Playing World of Warcraft but not sure that is a Toaster issue. Audio in everything else, even Quicktime, seems to be properly playing.

Thanks again,

John....