PDA

View Full Version : Freeze Every Bone In Scene?

thinkcl
03-11-2005, 01:24 PM
I am working on a 30 minute cartoon and after a lot (and I mean a lot) of searching have decided that we will just break down and buy C4D - just for sketch and toon. It is a children's cartoon and the style of drawings done by the author (the video is based on a book series) are best replicated with that program. I liked the thread here on natural media sketch techniques, but as I said Sketch and toon, gives us the precise look we are going for.

Anyway - I digress. I was foolish in thinking that C4D could actually import clean LW8 scene files. I have my animation set up with my main character rigged and animated in a typical manner - using IK with and FK, a few reference nulls and a few goal objects to move the feet and arms. The problem is that C4D doesn't like the IK, it only likes FK when each bone is recorded with keyframes. So if I use a null as a reference to move the arms via IK it all wigs on import to C4D.

My thought was I could just animate everything in layout and then bake all of the bones coordinates but I have had very little luck. Has anyone ever found a way to bake every single bone in a scene using motion mixer or some lscript? Or is there a way to save a sequence of object transformations for each frame and then recreate the scene with object replacement steps?

Thanks in advance for any of your idea - I am really at a dead end and don't even want to think about trying to learn to rig and animate in C4D just to get the Sketch and Toon look. I am only using the demo version of C4D right now so if you know of an alternative third party solution I am open to it.

SplineGod
03-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Try DStorms IKBaker