PDA

View Full Version : Mac to PC Problem

sdarpel
03-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Ok, so I've tried to read through all the post, but I am DISGUSTED with the problems we have bringing my designer's MAC LW files over to our PC to prep for rendering (which we are forced to do since the built in SN controller is about as reliable as a hollywood mariage). I changed the scene extension to lws, but when I change teh object extension to .lwo, it just sits there and keeps asking me to find an alternate file.

All this goes to screw up my clients rendering from Amleto.

If you're going to release on multiple platforms, you MUST ensure compatiability, in ALL circumsxtances. I don't care if some of you had no problems; I have problems. It's enough to make me force my designer over to Maya, but it doesn't help the 6 scens and 9000+ frames I need to have rendered by next Wednesday.

If someone can give me a solution, and tell me why my clients are getting all their components, I'd love to hear it.

Mr_Bester
03-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Make sure when they give you the mac file, they have the extension turned on. you may have a "object.lwo.lwo" which may be giving you the problem. Aside from that, hopefully someone else has better tips.
Dug

Lightwolf
03-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Actually, on the PC LW should load scenes and objects regardless of the file name extension.

If you still need to change them, you can do a search and replace in the scene files with a text editor (i.e. search for "my_object" and replace with "my_object.lwo"), but, as I said, this shouldn't be needed (unless it is a requirement for Amleto).

On a side note, you Mac designer should _always_ use the proper file name extensions, other tools are even worse at handling files without the proper extension (try loading a non .psd extension PSD file into Photoshop).

Cheers,
Mike - He who sends back files to clients on a mac if they don't get their extensions right (I do warn them beforehand though).