PDA

View Full Version : Demo available

hrgiger
03-11-2005, 10:39 AM
So is there a demo of Lightwave available? I know I've seen many threads complaining about the fact that there is no downloadable demo of Lightwave. Can I call and get one? I have a friend who wants to try out Lightwave and would like to get a demo version of it for him.

Dodgy
03-11-2005, 10:46 AM
Just install your copy on his machine and run it(without the dongle), and it'll run in demo mode.

hrgiger
03-11-2005, 10:56 AM
But won't it only run in demo mode for so long before you have to register it? I guess it depends on how long it will work like that....

Geez, how long will it be before we get a demo version?

mattclary
03-11-2005, 11:09 AM
Steve, just have him download a copy of 7.5c and it will install and run in demo mode permanently. 8 will also run this way. It won't give the expire notice.

I have e-mailed Newtek about this, they know it works this way but for some reason refuse to "market" it as such. They just ignored my e-mail.

This is one of the things Newtek gets beat up about all the time, and there is just no reason for it.

coremi
03-11-2005, 12:18 PM
it is going to be a demo until the end of Q1, will be full but with time limit, probably just like Trial versions of other software. it's been said on cgtalk, but i don't remember who, sorry.