PDA

View Full Version : New Lightwave Hires and Mac Development

lesford
03-11-2005, 10:37 AM
I was surprised to see that both of the new guys at Newtek come from Electric Image, which was for years the only serious 3D animator on the Mac platform. Hopefully this will mean something for Lightwave on the Mac, although Newtek haven't mentioned this as part of their strategy in the press release.

I remember that back when Electric Image ruled the Mac 3D universe, and Lightwave was just talking about making the move to Macintosh, I talked to someone at Electric Image about Lightwave on the Mac. He was dismissive of Lightwave ever managing to make the port. "We are the only serious high-end 3D solution on the Macintosh" he said. He was right. Electric Image had it sewed up.

He also wanted 250 dollars just to transfer a license.

Things change.

NigelH
03-11-2005, 02:29 PM
The last version of EI that I used was 2.9. I 'sidegraded' to LW for the Modeler when EI's modeler was just a pipe dream.

I'd like to say I've never looked back, but I still heave a heavy sigh with thoughts of Camera whenever I hit the F10 button in LW. Here's hoping something significant comes out of these new developments.