PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Unlimited Render Nodes?

homeboy0358
03-10-2005, 07:10 AM
What exactly does this alow me to do. I am gessing is allows me to hook up multiple computers to render on thing... not sure. Help please and appologies for other less pointless posts

beverins
03-10-2005, 07:35 AM
yes, unlimited render nodes means that you can have a whole host of computers, networked via ethernet (or whatever it is you use), and they can all render a frame of an animation. Instead of a single PC rendering out 100 frames, say, of 10 minutes each... you could have 10 PCs rendering out a frame each at the same time, saving lots of time.

The big deal here is that Newtek are gracious enough to provide this technology as unlimited nodes for the purchase price of one seat of Lightwave. Other companies will charge you per node, or in set numbers of packs (I think Alias has a 5-pack of nodes - if you want 15 nodes, you buy 3 packs).

Para
03-10-2005, 08:39 AM
Actually it's not unlimited anymore, it's 999 nodes per license.

...which could be interpretted as unlimited since that's a lot anyway.

Mdust
03-10-2005, 12:43 PM
What exactly does this alow me to do. Help please and appologies for other less pointless posts

Discuss, and dont getmad because...

Thank you.

I was waitng for the discussion to start taking place. But you had a few things to get off your chest - so be it.

I completely left the render node aspect out of my first reply. But people have asnwered it well here.

There were many valid points brought up in mine and other posts - feel free to ask any questions and get things cleared up - that's what the forum is for.

Mdust