PDA

View Full Version : So thats what the Lightwave Community is like...

homeboy0358
03-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Well I have to hand it to you guys. Yall are very helpful and kind Thax for the responses to my simple statment. I ended up getting flammed by the hole community for stating my opinion. WOW............................................... .. :eek:

Wade
03-09-2005, 10:26 PM
No - I did not. Be fair now tell the truth.

Wade

Mylenium
03-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Well I have to hand it to you guys. Yall are very helpful and kind Thax for the responses to my simple statment. I ended up getting flammed by the hole community for stating my opinion. WOW............................................... .. :eek:

*lol* You started the war and now are complaining about loosing it? Shame on you.

Mylenium

Ztreem
03-10-2005, 01:51 AM
I havn't replied to your other thread, just so you now.
Discussions like the one you started is completly unnecessary, they will never lead to any good.

Matt
03-10-2005, 02:48 AM
Well, just to set the record straight, I didn't flame anyone, I was just stating my opinion!

Seriously though, try asking for some help and you'll see a different side to the community entirely!

Cheers
Matt

retinajoy
03-10-2005, 02:53 AM
We are all friendly and helpful. Plenty of evidence of that in all the threads. Just that whatever your intentions were, your thread came across as flame bait.

Para
03-10-2005, 03:39 AM
I didn't comment the other thread either but apparently someone should run a bit of a check on you since you seem to be here only to start flame wars. I don't know what your agenda is but if I was the administrator of this board, I'd dig up everything I can about you (just your IP and some cooperation from other board's admins like CGtalk etc. would suffice) and then come to final conclusion to what to do with you.

mattclary
03-10-2005, 05:08 AM
Yall are very helpful

What type of "help" were you seeking? I think everyone was actually very helpful in pointing out the errors in your mathematical calculations. Think about how much money we kept you from wasting on more expensive apps that do no more, or in some cases, less, than LightWave.

Think about how helpful we were by pointing out holes in your logic so that other uninitiated users who might be visiting the forum wouldn't be mis-guided into thinking LightWave was somehow lacking.

Now think about how helpful you were being by disseminating untruths to those same uninitiated users.

Dodgy
03-10-2005, 06:05 AM
Yeah, you can't really expect to come here and say the things you said without expecting some reaction. We've all seen enough threads like that, so people give very short shrift to them now.

On the other hand, we have a lot of patience and support for people who are having difficulties, or need help in some way, and this is clearly in evidence here as well. So it's very likely if you ask for help then the same people who responded negatively to your comments will be some of the first to help you.

jevinstudios
03-10-2005, 07:42 AM
Don't poke the bear.

mattclary
03-10-2005, 07:55 AM
Don't poke the bear.

LOL!!! Well said!

Exception
03-10-2005, 08:02 AM
Poke the puppy? : )

No, seriously, I didnt comment either, but read through it. Do you really think every single person of the 'lightwave community' has posted in your thread? c'mon...

animotion
03-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Posted by homeboy0358

"I ended up getting flammed by the hole community for stating my opinion."

I am part of the community and I sure didn't reply to you other post. This just goes to show how you have an auto assume button attatched and got your facts wrong about the subject.

Animotion :cool:

robertoortiz
03-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Homeboy your original post came across like flame bait.
The reason for this is that it has a lot of opinions passed as facts, half truths and just plain inflammatory comments.

The Lightwave community is right now re-building itself, picking up the pieces in a literal way. Lets face it, the past two years have been hellish for the Lightwave users, and your post came across like the kind of commentary we need less off.

I'll give you some credit and say that your intentions might have been on the right place, but you used very poor arguments.

-R

robewil
03-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Homeboy your original post came across like flame bait.I think this post qualifies as that also.

hrgiger
03-10-2005, 01:27 PM
I find the Lightwave community very helpful, much more helpful then the other 2 communities I've belonged to which shall remain anonymous (Truespace and Animation Master). But I sure expect the LW community to flame me for stating what they might consider a silly opinion. In fact, I say bring it on usually in that case. Besides, you didn't ask a question looking for help, you just stated an opinion that very few people here seem to agree with. What else would you expect?

Chris S. (Fez)
03-10-2005, 01:36 PM
"I find the Lightwave community very helpful, much more helpful then the other 2 communities I've belonged to which shall remain anonymous (Truespace and Animation Master)."

That's pretty funny.

prospector
03-10-2005, 02:15 PM
yea it was..
ya could've at least just used just the initials

T.r.u.e.s.p.a.c.e. and A.n.i.m.a.t.i.o.n. M.a.s.t.e.r.

then we woulda had to guess.

Silkrooster
03-10-2005, 05:10 PM
yea it was..
ya could've at least just used just the initials

T.r.u.e.s.p.a.c.e. and A.n.i.m.a.t.i.o.n. M.a.s.t.e.r.

then we woulda had to guess.
LOL - I think Newtek needs a laughing smiling. I could use one right now. I bet I know where I could get one. hint, hint.
Silk

lesterfoster
03-10-2005, 07:20 PM
I must have mist something. Ow well. It is not the first time.

GraphXs
03-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

The lightwave community has spoken!

tapsnap
03-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Homeboy 0358, Stick around for a few years and discover how helpful and giving this community really is - there is nothing else like it. But, if you behave like a jackass, thats exactly the way you will be treated. How old are you - 14?

NanoGator
03-11-2005, 10:31 AM
About this time last year, I lost my job. Several people in the community helped me out a great deal. I think quite highly of the Community and I owe a LOT of people several thank-yous. :)