PDA

View Full Version : Instances

ali
03-09-2005, 05:17 AM
INSTANCING GEOMETRY
The biggest deficiencies in LW are:
- No instancing geometry. I hope it will be added before ver 9.
- No blocks or referenced onjects. (like External Reference File and blocks in Max; referenced models in XSI) referenced object files would help a lot when working in big projects. As Layout reads object files and whenever we change the object file, the references in layout change; the same kind feature in Modeler would be great. You create many models, combine them in another object file, and whenever you change the source file, the references in the main file change. Working with referenced models also lets you work fast with too many polygons.
I wish Newtek works on these tools. Instancing is more important than any other subject.

LW LITE
As other companies release lite versions of their products, Newtek should think of releasing a lite version for architectural visualization. No character and rigging tools, no hypervoxels, no morphing tools, and no high-end animation tools.

MACROS IN MODELER
As LScript Commander in Layout, something like that in Modeler would be nice to create macros without learning LScript.

ARCHIVE COMMAND
An Archive command that will collect all object, image, motion, etc. files used in a scene or object file under a folder would be nice.

BeeVee
03-09-2005, 06:14 AM
You can use the Content Manager for your last request...

B

Dodgy
03-09-2005, 09:08 AM
HD instance?

www.happy-digital.com

Ztreem
03-09-2005, 01:07 PM
I would love to see instancing in modeler too. Like you can do in major CAD apps do one hole in a surface then instance it all over the surface. When you then change the first hole you did, all the other holes change to.

Dodgy
03-09-2005, 06:10 PM
You're gonna hate me saying this.... but you could place polys where you want the 'windows' to be, say in a separate layer, then use point clone(I use clonez2 though :)) to clone them, then You can repeat if you ever change them....

cgolchert
03-09-2005, 06:27 PM
- No blocks or referenced onjects. (like External Reference File and blocks in Max; referenced models in XSI) referenced object files would help a lot when working in big projects. As Layout reads object files and whenever we change the object file, the references in layout change; the same kind feature in Modeler would be great. You create many models, combine them in another object file, and whenever you change the source file, the references in the main file change.

Have you ever tried loading a scene file into layout?

Ztreem
03-10-2005, 01:32 AM
Dodgy: Yeah, I know. But wouldn't it be nice if all of your clones updated automaticly when you change your orginal object. Like if you do a surface of splines and then change the spline and the surface changes and follows the new spline. I hope I make any sense with this sentence. :confused:

Dodgy
03-10-2005, 03:16 AM
Yeah, but that might require some sort of history and I can't see that happening just yet :) ..... Or maybe you could use Powergons to do it Layout?

Ztreem
03-10-2005, 03:58 AM
I now, it not going to happen just yet, but it's a feature request for future updates. maybe LW 9 can have some history and maybe some NURBS too. :D

Dodgy
03-10-2005, 06:08 AM
I could definitely get behind some sort of realtime Autopatcher... That would be well handy :)

ingo
03-10-2005, 10:09 AM
You can use the Content Manager for your last request...

B

Well, if ConMan works...