PDA

View Full Version : Interlacing Question

AJGoodwin
03-08-2005, 03:57 PM
I'm toying with a new manner of rendering quality for an animation. 1920x1080i HDTV resolution. Right now I am testing this resolution with output options to see the benefits and drawbacks to this specific image size. Here is the issue. I have one render done at 1920x1080, with no interlacing at all, and it looks pretty good on our test HDTV. However I want to test one that is interlaced. Is there a place in the render options or camera to tell it to dump the output RGB frame in an interlaced format, or am I pretty much going to have to do this post render?

Thanks.

AJ Goodwin

Mdust
03-08-2005, 07:45 PM
At the bottom of the Camera Properties panel in Layout is a Drop Down list labled, Field Rendering.

The Choices are Off, Odd and Even.

Off of course would be Progressive which begs the question why do you want to render to interlaced?

Is this a creative decision? I mean 1080 p is much nicer than 1080 i (to me).

Just my opinion and from personal experience even on an interlaced TV - go figure but that's what I've found.

If you want it to look like video go interlaced, more like film progressive (off) and yes belive it or not based on survey - even on an interlaced TV.

Mdust

AJGoodwin
03-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Thanks, that is all that was needed, my guess is that the progressive will look better, but since this will not take much time to render I am curious to see the results.

Mdust
03-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Thanks, that is all that was needed, my guess is that the progressive will look better, but since this will not take much time to render I am curious to see the results.

I'm with ya.

Are you going to test stills or sequences?

If Seq, are you going to try 1080 24 P?

I'd be currious what you are able to do.

M