PDA

View Full Version : Using TMPGEnc to Batch Encode RTV's

tmon
03-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Has anyone had success batch encoding RTV's with the latest (or any) version of TMPGEnc? The first project encodes fine, but when it finishes, the batch encode stops....

I've had the same issue when attempting to successive RTV encodes without using the Batch Encode feature. I have to shut down TMPGEnc, then open it up again.

The only workaround I've found is to start multiple instances of TMPGEnc.

?

essentricaudio
03-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Yes, I use it on a regular basis for batch encoding of RTVs. I use to have the same problem with it only doing one or two before it would stop, and it always had an error of not being able to load the RTV file. I would also have problems doing loading RTVs to manual encode every 3 or 4 files.

I am not remembering the exact fix, but I believe I believe that in TMPGEnc, under enviromental settings, VFAPI, there was a codec with a +5 priority rating. If you right click on one of the plugins you can lower and raise the priority. I lowered everything to 0 or lower and I believe that fixed the problem.

Again it has been awhile, and it is possible that I am remembering some other problem, so let us know if that does not fix the problem!

tmon
03-10-2005, 06:32 PM
Jeffrey,

That did the trick. As you suggested, I changed the priority settings for "NewTek VT[3] Plug-in, and I was able to then batch encode successfully.

Thanks a "batch!"

:D

-taiji

tmon
03-21-2005, 11:14 PM
FYI, the batch encoding of TMPGEnc projects isn't working anymore, even though I changed the Environmental Settings priorities...( :confused: )

It's OK though. On a dualie XEON 3.0 system, I've been simply initiating multiple encode sessions (16 at a time!) and TMPGEnc has been cranking away without a hitch. I did over 100 RTV to MPEG1's last week....

wvp
03-23-2005, 07:09 AM
TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress Ver. 3.1.5.82 - March 23 2005

Fixed [Batch Encoder]: Some problems occurring during the Batch Encode have been fixed.

NEW update for 3.0 here (http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/te3xp.html)

mgrusin
03-23-2005, 11:07 AM
I thought TMP 3.0 was incompatible with the VTx plugins. Has this changed?

-MG.

tmon
03-25-2005, 12:49 PM
Well, Pegasys Inc. just wrote back to me regarding batch encoding of uncompressed AVI's (I don't know how this may be relavant to batch encoding RTV's other than selecting a higher priority for the VT plugin). In non-perfect English, the response to my query regarding TMPGEnc2.5:

"Otherwise, by choosing the right setting for the VFAPI plug-in, it might be possible, in some cases:

Click: [ Option] -> [Environmental Setting] -> [VFAPI plug-in ]

- uncheck "DirectShow Multimedia File Reader"
So it will be the AVI file reader which built in program decode this source AVI.

Because, usually when your batch encoding via DiectShow, it will this kind if block. It is a DirectShow bug. But in our new product "TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress", this issue has been avoided."

AFAIK, the NewTek RTV plugin wasn't written for TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress.

ScorpioProd
03-25-2005, 01:14 PM
Just wanted to mention, batch processing does work fine in TMPGEnc 2.5 with Type-2 DV files.

tmon
03-28-2005, 02:50 PM
batch processing does work fine in TMPGEnc 2.5 with Type-2 DV files.

Hmm, then all I need to avoid having to add more steps to the process if to figure out how to capture in Type-2 DV from a BetaSP component source!

;)

mgrusin
03-29-2005, 08:33 AM
1. Put component source on Program Out in Switcher
2. Select "Mainconcept DV Type 2" codec in Capture
3. Press Record

:D -MG.

(oh wait, did you want higher quality than DV?) :rolleyes:

tmon
03-29-2005, 10:24 AM
Yeah, probably won't make a diff as we're going to mpeg1. I'm going to do the "Main Concept DV Type-2" dance on our next batch of captures/encodes!

tmon
03-29-2005, 12:50 PM
Speaking of DV Video Type 2 (PCM Audio), when you are setting up the Capture Properties (in this case, for a Batch Capture session), why does one get the message, "The File Selected on output cannot be written to. Ensure the name is valid and that you have sufficient permissions to wrtie to the selected folder and drive," even though these permissions are fine?

Regardless, the captures seem fine...

(This is with a VT[3] 4909 workstation.....)

Scott Bates
03-29-2005, 03:37 PM
FWIW Taiji, I don't recall getting that warning on VT[3] unless I was looking at "My Computer" in the capture panel, but I get it every time with VT[4] - after not being able to defeat it the first time I decided I must be smarter than the computer and learned to just ignore it. ;)

tmon
03-31-2005, 01:17 AM
Today, I did just that, ignoring the Capture Panel's DV Type-2 error message....

I performed a Batch Capture of 52 DV Type-2 promos. Set up the encoding parameters in TMPGEnc2.5Plus (never figuring out why I had to reset the pixel ratio everytime I loaded a new source file), saved each "project" and batch encoded all of them. I had to wrestle with four of them due to an "illegal MPEG Audio stream" error message from TMPGEnc, but otherwise the batch encode went well.

I have no idea why TMPGEnc was unable to encode four out of the 52 files. I tried re-rendering them to uncompressed YUY2 files and to RTV's with separate 48/16 wavs, but they still wouldn't encode to MPEG1. Finally, I took the DV Type-2 files into Sound Forge, and using the MPEG plugin, created separate VCD-compliant mpeg audio files for each. Then, using the DV Type-2 files for the video source and the corresponding mpeg audio source, I was able to finish the job.

To be honest, I don't know that this method was much faster than simply starting separate instances of TMPGEnc and transcoding RTV's, but it was a good exercise, I suppose.