PDA

View Full Version : 8.2.1 installer is lying!



petkusj
03-08-2005, 02:03 PM
I tried to install the 8.2.1 upgrade (after first installing the 8.2 upgrade, successfully), but although the installer reports success, the about window in modeler and layout still report 8.2. Can someone tell me the build date for 8.2.1 so I can confirm? And have I done something wrong?

BTW, OS X 10.3.8, dual 1.8Ghz G5, 2Gb RAM, NVidia 5200

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jennifer

PS Oh yeah, and now modeler crashes on quit and layout requires two quit commands in a row after the 8.2 upgrade.

Wade
03-08-2005, 02:06 PM
You are ok there is some note around here that it will not update in the info panel... So 8.2 is what it will say after an update not 8.2.1.

petkusj
03-08-2005, 02:12 PM
You are ok there is some note around here that it will not update in the info panel... So 8.2 is what it will say after an update not 8.2.1.

Thanks. Do you know what the build date should be? I'm seeing Jan. 17, which seems too old; I was expecting February.

Wade
03-08-2005, 02:20 PM
"The LightWave [8] version 8.2.1 update addresses some plug-in
issues with LightWave [8] version 8.2 update. As such, the toolbar
name and build number will not update. The following plug-ins are
affected by this update."

Found the quoat but not sure on the build date.

petkusj
03-08-2005, 02:31 PM
"The LightWave [8] version 8.2.1 update addresses some plug-in
issues with LightWave [8] version 8.2 update. As such, the toolbar
name and build number will not update. The following plug-ins are
affected by this update."

Found the quoat but not sure on the build date.

Thanks, I guess I'll live with it. And it seems like more than one person has had the experience of LW crashing when quitting. I left CG a year while remodeling my house and hoped that when I came back, LW would work like a dream on the Mac, but I fear it is not so.

What's really annoying is that I thought I the crash on quit bug had disappeared a few versions back, only to return again.

UPDATED: I just fixed permissions with Disk Utility and the problems disappeared.

Thanks, Wade, for looking up that quote.