PDA

View Full Version : Texture -> Subpatch Weight?

JulianW
04-18-2003, 11:42 AM
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can tell me how I can use a texture to set an objects SubPatch Weight?

There seems to be a useful tool in Modeler called "Textured Point Map" which will apply a texture as a Weight map.. but not apparently as the SubPatch Weight map.

Any ideas folks?

JW.

Mylenium
04-18-2003, 12:45 PM
There seems to be no way. I think it's because SubPatchWeight is not used like normal weight maps. Honestly I can't think of an occasion where the need for your usage would arise.

Mylenium

JulianW
04-19-2003, 07:17 AM
I suspect there is no easy way to do it.. looks like I might have to dust off LScript if I feel pigheaded enough to insist on doing it.

As for no use.. I was planning on using a texture on the SubPatch Weight to help give a quick and dirty rock formation..

..my thought was that rocks can vary between sharply angled and smoothly curved so for a crude approximation altering the SubPatch weight of an object might not look too bad. I guess I may never know for sure now ;)

I'm sure there are also other times when it might be useful but you're right its hard to think of them.

JW.