PDA

View Full Version : Tmpeg

SKa78
03-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Hi,

I'm using TMPEG Plus 2.5 with the rtv-PlugIn for the first time.
I can import that video-file, I recordet directly with the VT4 but no that one I renderd. In both cases I cannot import the audio-file, too.
The error message ist something like : "the file is broken or does not work".
Does anyone have an idea for my problem ?

Thanx a lot.
Dee

chribba
03-08-2005, 03:12 PM
Run the 3:rd pary installer to be shure that it is detecting the Tmpgenc, then you should be able to get the project or a *.rtv file in to Tmpgenc... Is it not so?

chribba

mgrusin
03-08-2005, 10:24 PM
Hm. I've seen TMP do some odd things with file requesters not pointing where they should. When you select the audio file, be sure you navigate to the same directory the RTV lives in, and select the .WAV file with the same name.

Can you play the .WAV file back through VT or another program? Does it work OK? Less likely, you might ensure that VT is shut down when you run TMP, just to ensure that the .WAV file isn't "open" (which can prevent other programs from using it).

Even less likely, are you using VT3 or 4? I heard about some VT4-produced .WAV files that other programs had trouble reading, but I don't know if TMP is one of those programs. Had to do with the bit depth option when recording, as I recall.

Keep posting, we'll figure it out. -MG.

SKa78
03-09-2005, 04:06 AM
Hi,
sorry, I have forgotten to tell you that I have no VT at the moment. I borrowed a VT4, recordet and edited my files an now I'm trying to encode them.
I got an other VT4-Plugin: VTTMPEGEncPROJECTPlugin.vfp
But my Encoder tells me that the “videoeditor_renderapi.toast” – file is missing.
So I tried with the RTV-Plugin.

The files are in the same folder and they have the same name.
test.rtv and test.wav

I could not open the wav-file in any other Programm.
Everytime the same fault.

Is there a possibility to edit an rtv-file in an other edit-programm without having a VT4 ?
Thanx for your help.
I'll try more.
Bye
Dee

wvp
03-09-2005, 07:03 AM
If you want to encode in TMPGEnc without rendering the project to a single file you must use TMPGEnc on the same computer as VT[4].
Only oter solution is to render out the VT[4] project to a single avi file & then transfer that into your other computer for TMPGEnc.

SKa78
03-09-2005, 09:12 AM
Hi,
thank you very much.
So, I have no chance to use the rtv-file.
What a pitty.
I must borrow me the VT4 again an export my file.
Thanx a lot.
Bye
Dee