PDA

View Full Version : Lazy Sunday Morning

---ZENO---
03-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Hi,

This was produced mainly for a Still Life Challenge.

I was going a minimal and clean look with regards to the interior, and putting the emphasis on a bright and fresh lazy Sunday morning feeling.

From when you walk over the creaky floor boards in the quiet room, following the smell of coffee, from which greets you the sunlight which wakens those tired eyes, and you catch up on the news with the Sunday newspaper.

Comments and criticism is always welcomed.

Thank you for you time in viewing.

Regards

WhiteBoy
03-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Very nice. I only wish I had your skills in lighting. Judging by the angle of light coming through the windows, I would guess that it's probably late morning.

Something about the brick wall bothers me though. Maybe it looks a little flat?

Captain Obvious
03-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Maybe it's Swedish summer? The sun does rise fairly early way up north. ;)

Very nice image, regardless.

adrian
03-07-2005, 12:54 AM
Yeah, got to agree about the lighting - totally awesome! Ahh, good old Laurel'n Hardy as well. Not sure I'd have a picture of them in my living room though :)

For the floor, did you individually model those wooden beams and texture them with their own map, or is it a big texture map covering the whole floor?

Adrian.

---ZENO---
03-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Thank you for your kind comments.

WhiteBoy - Yep i agree the brick texture is still a bit flat, although my bump map is pushing at 230%

Captain Obvious - lol you are right. The sun is fairly high in when you live near the north.

adrian - Yes it is a large texture map; with bump, diffuse and specular maps applied.

Cheers