PDA

View Full Version : SX-8 not detected I hope to get through to tech support

INOV8Pro
04-18-2003, 11:03 AM
Hey Newtek world:

One more challenge to overcome. My Toaster still will not recognize my SX-8. Here's what I've done to check it.

1) I made sure all the connections, cables, power, bridge board are properly attached. They are.

2) I made sure my floppy connector was sending power. It is.

3) I ran Newtekrtme from a command line and I beleive it said that [analog daughter card not detected]. I believe that is bad.

Any ideas? Wish me luck at getting through to tech support.

Paul

Paul Lara
04-18-2003, 12:12 PM
NewTek is closed for the holidays today. :(

What happens when you go into Task Manager processses, shut down winrtme, and then re-run VT? Does it still not see your SX-8?

Do you get video output from the SX-8 connectors?

Do you have EZ CD Creator installed? That can cause problems

You may need to check for bent pins on the expansion bus connector across the top of the Toaster card

Is the daughtercard warm to the touch? (it should be); it's looking for 12volts from that floppy connector.

Paul

INOV8Pro
04-18-2003, 12:59 PM
I figured they were on vacation since the machine said they were closed and it was during office hours. How come your still working?

I'll try each one of your suggestions and let you know.

Thanks,

Paul Folger

INOV8Pro
04-18-2003, 01:50 PM
Paul:

I did everything you recommended and still no luck. Here are my results.

1) I shut down winrtme in the task manager. Now maybe I did this wrong but I highlighted winrtme and clicked End Task and yes to confirm. Did I do that right. By the way what is winrtme.exe? After opening VT2 again it still did not recognize the SX-8.

2) I do get audio and video output from the SX-8 connectors. I believe this is a good sign.

3) I do not have EZ creator installed.

4) The daughter card does feel warm to the touch and I have also confirmed that my floppy connector is sending power.

Any other ideas? Could it be my VT5 cable. How could I check this out?

Paul F.