PDA

View Full Version : smartskinning

stevewoodzell
03-05-2005, 01:31 PM
hey guys, i need some help setting up smartskinning, i was going through mike green's tutorial (http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/animation/smartskinning8/) on smarkskinning, but it is not working for some reason. ive gone through it step by step about three times over, and i always end up with nothing, basically. no sign of the endomorph at all after setting everything up. i understand the process (or i thought i did) but it just is not doing anything

any tips would be greatly appreciated, i am behind schedule heh :P

thanks
-steve

Dodgy
03-05-2005, 02:23 PM
Lucky I'm here. Which one are you doing? Are you able to make the endomorph?

stevewoodzell
03-05-2005, 02:36 PM
actually i realized my problem, i wasnt paying attention to the axis selection in the jointmorph window... probably should have slept more last night.

but actually now i have another question, how do i set up jointmorph for another morph for the opposite 90 degrees of rotation. i'm doing the muscles around a shoulder joint, so i have the base at 0, first morph for raised arm at 90 degrees, and i'm trying to define another for -90 degrees..its not interpreting that second morph properly, its kind of stretching the geometry as if it was overcalculating or something

thanks for the reply

Dodgy
03-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Did you set up the order of the morphs right? I set mine as
Angle Morph Percentage
-90 joint.-90 100
0 [Base] 100
+90 joint.+90 100

In that order... It seems to work...