PDA

View Full Version : Load Settings from scene

Wickster
03-03-2005, 11:47 PM
You know how you tweak the setting on one scene for many days even weeks and you finally got the output you want?

perfect light settings, intensities, color, placement and shadows.
perfect radiosity settings, not too long to render and renders beautifully.
perfect camera settings, antialiasing, blur settings, size and aspect ratio.

and you just want to load all those settings on all (maybe not all but close) your scenes. thats what i'm talking about.

maybe have the option to save a scene settings and discard all objects or a checkbox as to which object you want to keep say an illumination dome and ground plane.

another set of checkboxes which setting you want o load camera, radiosity and/or lights or all.

even better is have a presets tab for saved settings for quick and easy switching maybe from a daytime setting to a night time setting.

I had a perfect setting once for just rendering my objects for a printed portfolio and I didn't want to load the old scene and delete the object and load another set of objects place them correctly just to have the same setting as last time.

I hope this one is worth looking into.

Dodgy
03-04-2005, 03:10 AM
Doesn't load from scene do this for you?

Wickster
03-04-2005, 10:39 AM
well actually i just to be able to have presets sort of like what we have for hypervoxel and texture presets, i want to be able to switch settings instantainiously. just going into presets > scene settings > night_time.set or day_time.set. and it would replace all lights, camera settings, radiosity and maybe bring in an illumination dome...

something like that. or i maybe asking too much.

evenflcw
03-05-2005, 02:40 AM
I don't like to see another limited format added. Imho, what NT should do is create a better save/load dialog so you can pick exactly what you want to save and load exactly what you want to load. Add to that save and load presets and you have almost the exact same functionality without having to reinvent a new format. I guess file extensions could still be used to force save and load a scene with specific preset, so *.lwset would always load using a preset that only loads cameras, lights and enviroments. Just my opinion.