PDA

View Full Version : Avitars

koots
03-03-2005, 09:10 PM
What is the Max size for pixel size of the avitar next to our names? Thanks in advance!
-Jonn

koots
03-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Now I feel dumb, after looking for 20 min I post above, 2 min later I find it. Sorry for the dumb question:)
Thanks anyway
-Jonn

koots
03-03-2005, 09:59 PM
My new Avitar i made in Illustrator CS. I really like it, what does everyone thing?

riki
03-04-2005, 02:24 AM
hmmm but it's just a red ball with some text.

koots
03-04-2005, 11:07 AM
but it was drawn in to 2d program. If it were done In LW no big deal. but illustrator is a vector based 2d drawing program. I guess it is not as cool as I thought... O well

lesterfoster
03-04-2005, 06:14 PM
I think that it looks good. But how would it look if you made the same thing with lightwave?

What do you think of my avitar ?

riki
03-04-2005, 06:32 PM
haha Sorry

But it's good to shatter illusions sometimes. The forums are good for that.

It's like the first time I made a Sky/Seascape in Lightwave, I thought it was totally cool. That was until I showed it to a friend and they we like "oh don't all 3d applications come with a sky/seascape button".

Anyway.

koots
03-04-2005, 11:43 PM
lesterfoster:
i think your avitar is a kick *** render! It looks really close to a photo. I can't think of anything I would change. It would seem like you Know LW inside and out. Great job!

Riki:
way to rain on my parade... :) even though it is plan I still think it is cool. I like it because it has a professional look to it. I think it would look cool in a mag ad, that thats the look. i was going for, Thanks for your imput, honestly. I like hearing negitive things about what I do, My girlfriend tells me everything is great, even if it looks like dog crap. So thanks for your honesty

-Jonn

Silkrooster
03-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Excellent job for being done in Illustrator. It wouldn't take much to import that into Lightwave or create it from scratch. The only reason I even mention doing that is so you could animate your avatar. That is one thing I don't really see much of is animated avatars. I don't think there is anything stoping them from being on this board as long as they originate on another server.
Silk

lesterfoster
03-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Hi Koots. Thanks for your comments about my avitar. It is nice that so menny people think that I made it with lightwave. But I made it with my hands. I am still learning lightwave and only wish that I was that good with lightwave to make something like that.
Here is a link to how I made my camera case.indestructible camera (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=28047)

I agree with silkrooster about animating your avitar It would be so cool to see it spin or bounce. And with a good avitar like yours. That would not be to hard to do.