PDA

View Full Version : Downloading NewTek Textures

jjat1
03-03-2005, 12:12 PM
How does one go about downloading NewTek Textures? I can't find anyplace from which to download them. - jim :cool:

Signal to Noise
03-03-2005, 12:25 PM
You are on the page of textures, correct? There are seven pages, 350 textures in all available.

To download them you need to right-click each one and select "Save Target As..." . Yes, that's right: EACH one! It took me almost 90 minutes to do mine on a DSL. And be careful because some of the textures have duplicated embedded file names which will keep overwriting the first one you downloaded if you don't watch for the "Are You Sure...?" warning. Simply rename the duplicate file to something else. To keep track of what I have downloaded I keep my destination folder open in explorer and compare file counts after each section is complete.

NewTek: Please provide an option for a Zip file containing all the images per page. So 50 images/zip. This will make things easier.

jjat1
03-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Thank you Signal-to-Noise...I never would have figured that out. You are truly a gem- jim

nemac4
03-03-2005, 12:49 PM
You can also get 1-6 from the ftp

ftp://ftp.newtek.com/freestuff/

Signal to Noise
03-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Thanks for that tip, nemac4. I didn't even realize that there was an accessible ftp. This actually facilitates downloading the textures because you can do a select all drag 'n' drop. Awesome! :)

Brian Arndt
03-04-2005, 10:16 AM
Actually the textures were not supposed to be on the open ftp and are for registered users only. So all you have to do is register on the forum and log in on the textures pages with your username/pass and you can get the textures.

They have been removed from the open FTP (sorry :o )

Yah, some of the textures do have duplicate names :( but just saving them to different folders works nicely :D

We are working on putting up zipped files of the textures up on the site for Registered users as well so stay tuned..

Signal to Noise
03-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the update, Brian.

Btw, you are doing an excellent job managing Newtek's site. It is really nice to navigate and is easy on the eyes. :)

Brian Arndt
03-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Thanks! I have plans to hopefully make it more userfriendly and easier to navigate in the near future as well.

jjat1
03-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Brian...

I ditto "signal-to-Noise" comments. - jim :p

sire
03-06-2005, 05:04 AM
I can't access the texture collections. When I try, I get a login window which requests username and password. The ones for this forum don't work. What's wrong? Maybe it's because my current forum password isn't the same as the original one (I forgot it)...?

jjat1
03-06-2005, 11:08 AM
Servus Sire...

Ich weiss es auch nicht! - jim :cool: