PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried 8.2.1?

Tony3d
03-03-2005, 11:19 AM
The tiff.p is still broke. It now loads the tif file then brings up an error dialog box. When you try to get rid of the surfacing panel Lightwave saya goodby! Do they actually try this stuff? :mad:

Saxajar
03-03-2005, 11:46 AM
Doesn't look like they fixed Conv3d.p either. :(

colkai
03-03-2005, 12:48 PM
If you read the info on the update, it lists what they have fixed, doesn't look like 'Conv' is on it.
If your problem isn't on it - it may be coming in some future release.

Don't forget, this is an ongoing update they are giving us and Kurtis has already stated that they intend to keep the flow going.

I think this one was mainly to stamp on the bonetool and scene bugs, given it seems to revolve around certain plugins.

Can't say anything about TIFF still being broken as I can't get to the update yet ;)

gerry_g
03-04-2005, 06:24 PM
TIFF PROBLEMS

The tiff.p is still broke. It now loads the tif file then brings up an error dialog box. When you try to get rid of the surfacing panel Lightwave saya goodby! Do they actually try this stuff?

Every time I bring something back from BodyPaint I get this, didn't realize it was broken till I read it'd been fixed (which it sure as hell aint) so I'll just have to keep running them through Graphics Converter, if you import the offending tiff and save it out (still as tiff) they cease to be a problem, very strange !!

marlo.steed
03-09-2005, 10:29 PM
I am getting similar problem with jpgs. Some load fine, others seem to load but don't display. I need to do more testing but half of my image library is now useless. ...very frustrating.

dmg3d
04-22-2005, 08:42 AM
Just updated from 8 to 8.2.1 (without doing a search to see if there were any issues), loaded a scene, and greeted with a crash... over and over.

Is the tiff.p STILL broke? Do I have to a) rename all my .tif's to .tiff or b) use an earlier version of tiff.p?

Here's two things I thought were funny:

"The LightWave [8] version 8.2.1 update addresses some plug-in
issues with LightWave [8] version 8.2 update. As such, the toolbar
name and build number will not update. The following plug-ins are
affected by this update.

Tiff.p
..."

Affected by this update how? Adversely??

"LightWave [8] Version 8.2.1 has completed rigorous beta testing, and is stable."

I'm not even gonna touch that...

This is so frustrating it's laughable. Come on. If you're gonna release an update and point out SPECIFICALLY that the tiff.p has been fixed... shouldn't you at least test it? Try loading a couple .tif's?

-Dave

dmg3d
04-22-2005, 09:17 AM
Using an older version (7.0) of tiff.p works.

But that's not the point...