PDA

View Full Version : VT3: VT Vision problem in dual monitor configuration

nelsonm
03-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Hi,

In VT3...
While playing the timeline or recording, I noticed that when i move vt-vision to the secondary monitor, it no longer displays the video content. It functions properly when i move it back to the primary monitor.

Does this occur in VT4?

c111smith
03-03-2005, 09:44 AM
Someone else may know more, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with how the monitors are set up in Windows. A long time ago, I had the same problem & got it fixed somehow with how the secondary monitor was set up. Maybe it was refresh rate? Anyway, I don't think it has anything to do with VT.

chribba
03-03-2005, 10:02 AM
You must stretch the view to 2560 x 1024 in twin mode to get this working in VT3,
othervise the video is locked or not showing at all in the secondary monitor.

VT4 has support for "dual mode" so it does not have this problem.

chribba

Dan Hong
03-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Its an either/or situation, but most likely not the newest/current version of DirectX. Upgrade this first, if that doesn't solve it, upgrade the video drivers. Did this just start or is that the first time you've used the VT vision on the secondary monitor?

nelsonm
03-05-2005, 12:20 PM
hi,

I just started to use a secondary monitor.

All Microsoft/third party updates, drivers and sp's are applied.

The reply above indicates that VT4 not VT3 supportes dual monitor display. So i'll consider upgrading to VT4 once and if i get VT3 stable.

chribba
03-05-2005, 04:00 PM
You can use dual monitors in VT3, you need to stretch it out on the secondary monitor, then every thing works OK... To get a real dual mode you need VT4.

chribba

mgrusin
03-06-2005, 09:37 AM
VT3 works great in dual monitors. The only (?) thing VT4 adds is that you can run VT4 in one monitor, and Windows in the other. In VT3 it's VT in both monitors, or Windows in both monitors, no mix n match.

Not sure why your system isn't working, does Windows appear to work correctly across both monitors? When I did this I recall some sort of wizard which walked me through the process (maybe an NVidia thing in desktop properties advanced?)

Good luck! -MG.

cybis
03-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Hi,

In VT3...
While playing the timeline or recording, I noticed that when i move vt-vision to the secondary monitor, it no longer displays the video content. It functions properly when i move it back to the primary monitor.

Does this occur in VT4?

What video card do you use? For my Nvidia card, it meant disabling the secondary monitor and then going to the advanced Nvidia properties on the primary monitor and choosing the "horizontal span" option. I use the GeForce 5600.
Good luck!

nelsonm
03-09-2005, 08:53 PM
HI,

GeForce4 Ti 4600 w/ current driver.

Yea... I don't want to span the primary screen across two monitors if i don't have to. I'd rather do the Dual monitor thing if i can.

Paul Lara
03-10-2005, 06:01 AM
I don't want to span the primary screen across two monitors if i don't have to. I'd rather do the Dual monitor thing if i can.

That's a feature new to VT[4], Nelson. It was not available in VT[3], where you had to span primary display across both monitors.

nelsonm
03-10-2005, 09:15 AM
Thanks Paul,

I'd still like to wait until VT4 SP2 comes out before i upgrade.

tmon
04-08-2005, 04:20 PM
Using VT[3] 4909/Win2K, we just upgraded our video card to a QuadroFX 3000 with dual HP2335 monitors and found out that if we run it in "Dualview" mode, we can move the taskbar to the right monitor and have visible non VT apps open there as well.

VT-Vision also only plays video on the primary monitor, but all modules can be moved to the right monitor, and the VT desktops remember where they are just fine.

Another wierd thing I just found is that the pull down menu for a BC window or Rt-Click File Bin or Hotlists will show up on the left monitor, even if the BC window is on the right monitor.

So far, I like it better than the VT desktop or nothing mode, but more testing is underway...