PDA

View Full Version : LiberatorII

Steve Reeves
03-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Hi all,

I have finally :D finished a scene using my LiberatorII model. (The Liberator was a space ship for a BBC sci-fi show in the eighties - cool ship - I wanted to do a sleeker and nastier version of it).

It has taken some time (I'm a hobbyist), but it is done! Many many thanks to all the folks that helped me improve my model over in the WIP forum - I learnt a lot doing this project and have enjoyed it immensely. You guys are great! :)

Appreciate any crits and comments. I have another scene in mind to create using this model - will post as soon as done.

Reagrds to all.

adrian
03-03-2005, 12:43 AM
Steve,

I don't need to comment on the ship as you know how good I think it is, but the asteroid surface on the bottom lets down the picture at the moment as it still needs a bit of work: more detail and bump mapping. Right now, the texture looks very stretched.

Also is that fog just above the surface? If so, I think it looks a little out of place (where would it come from?)

The asteroids in the background are fine as are the planets (although maybe you could add a little detail on there as well?)

Was that laser tutorial good?

Adrian.

Steve Reeves
03-03-2005, 12:25 PM
Hi Adrian, thanks for the reply.

Hear what you're saying about the bump texture - I actually had it less stretched - but I went back to the stretched look as I thought it gave a sense of history or creation to the moon.

AS for the fog, well again I agree it isn't highly scientific - but I wasn't really focusing on the science - quite happy for it to be a comet body say - getting closer to the ocal star! Doesn't really mater - I thought it looked pretty cool and so it went in! :)

Cheers
Steve