PDA

View Full Version : ScreamerNet Controller for Mac - rendering Hypervoxels problem on PC

wilgory
03-02-2005, 02:01 PM
I rececently have attempted to render a scene that incorporates particles which use a Hypervoxel's texture through the screamernet but have ran into many problems. When I go to render the scene with the screamernet controller on the mac it will render all of the frames fine except for the ones with the Hypervoxel's textures. When the scene reaches those frames it will continue to render all of the objects except for the Hypervoxel's which it will completely ignore. The scene, objects, textures, images are all located on the mac and we are just running the Screamnet command prompts on the PC running XP.
I was told that perhaps exporting a hypervoxels particle motion .pfx file might help this out, but I either do not know how to properly export this file or the file doesn't like up correctly.
The hypervoxels render on both the Mac and the PC, but will not render through the ScreamerNet Controller by Cataylst productions. Any assistance or help would really be appreciated. If anyone knows of a workaround, known bug, different solution to this network rendering issue or anything, please do not hesitate to email or post a link.

Thanks
Greg Wilson
[email protected]

hdesbois
03-15-2005, 01:34 AM
Hi,
Yes, indeed, you must bake your particle motion. Look for your FX_emitter, then chose file, and save motion. Save your scene, and render.
HD

toasterhombre
04-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Hmmmm...... just tried that trick. It actually made the HVs show up, but stragely enough there is not any motion on the emitter when in the scene itself there is.

kevman3d
05-06-2005, 11:24 PM
Does the emitter move in the scene with the saved 'pfx' file driving it? Just load the scene - Open the emitter properties and make sure its using the pfx file...

If its there but not working, try removing the file (clear motion) and running an FX_START (LW7.x) or 'Calculate' (LW8.x), then save the motion again immediately after. Save the scene, test and try again.

You don't need to calculate to save a motion file, but you do if you are using collisions, interparticle collision, or other effects beforehand.

If none of that is the answer, hmmm... Contact Newtek would be my next answer! :D