PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for understanding how to put texture onto faces of models

macc
03-02-2005, 07:31 AM
Hello ALL!!,

LOOK!!!!!!, i have read the user manual, and, i am one of those people, (sorry about this!!), that cannot for one reason or another make heads or tails of what it is saying???!!!.

My problem is simple, i just want to put a decking texture onto my ships deck, can i get the xxx thing to do it, no i can not!!, ; i seem to be doing what i am meant to do after you click on the "T" in surface editor, but no way can i get it to show upon my decking, im beging to get naggy about it, my models about 75% finnished and ready to show, but not like this.

PLEASE PLEASE help me out, i realy do feel like i am reading streo instructions with the users book, so cheers and many many regards to all of you friends............Thanks.

Tom.. :)

starbase1
03-02-2005, 09:05 AM
Sounds like the texture mayy not be where you think it is - this is easily done.

One less likely possibility is that you have doubled up layers, with two sets of polygons in exactly the same place.

I suggest you try the following:

Start by saving your object.
Then (in layout) try removing all the fancy stuff from the problem texture - just remember not to save. The obvious one is to start with the difuse. Then replace it with a simple bright red, or some other easy to spot colour.

This will let you see where the texture REALLY is.

Alternatively in Modeller, go to the window options, and turn on stats. Select the polygons in the bottom left, so it reports polygon stats. You can now see the option to select by surface in the stats - clicking the plus sign here will select all polygons in (say) your decking surface. If you are still stuck go to the display tab, and hide unselected so that only these are left!

Nick

starbase1
03-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Incidentally, it would be a LOT easier to help if you posted a grab of your surface xettings, and an image of what you actually get when you render...