PDA

View Full Version : Rendered output color is off

tmon
03-01-2005, 08:38 PM
VT[4] SP1 5522.

When rendering from timeline to BGR24 uncompressed .avi format, the color is off by several degrees (e.g., flesh tones are blue).

Is there a setting in Prefs I need to hit?

tmon
03-02-2005, 01:30 PM
I should add that this problem didn't start until after a new rebuild of what was previously a VT[3] workstation. We did a fresh install of XP Pro on a new system driving, keeping the old VT card in the case....

Also, I cannot determine whether it is due to the test drivers I had just installed, as I hadn't done any renders prior to that....

tmon
03-02-2005, 02:46 PM
YUY2 uncompressed AVI's seems to be working.....

What's up with the BGR24 rendering?

tmon
03-02-2005, 03:54 PM
If I keep talking to myself, at least the thread shows multiple posts, and someone with an answer might actually respond.

;)

Seriously, another question: Has anyone had success or problems rendering to any other formats from the VT[4] timeline.

Sigh, this is why I hestitated doing the upgrade. I don't really have the time to do beta testing! While I'm at it, I might as well report problems, I suppose.

So here I post.

Again.

:p

Lew
03-03-2005, 06:15 AM
OK, so I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem, but I was having bad color shifts when saving 1 frame rtv's from the time line - finally traced it to proc amp settings I had adjusted to correct a bad clip.

Something to look at. Good luck!
Lew

tmon
03-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Thanks Lew, I'll keep that in mind.

However, I just did some render tests on an RTV file that had no Proc Amp corrections on it.

Again, YUY2 uncompressed was fine.

I also tried the QT output (thumbs up, NewTek!), including Apple MPEG4 and Sorenson 3 renders. They look quite good.

BGR32 uncompressed .avi render looked fine.

For the heck of it, I attempted another BGR24 uncompressed .avi render - bad color shift again.

NewTek - there's something wrong here.

Am I the only one around here that uses the BGR24 option?

Paul Lara
03-03-2005, 02:12 PM
For the heck of it, I attempted another BGR24 uncompressed .avi render - bad color shift again. NewTek - there's something wrong here.

Thanks, Taiji, I've reported this.
So, why is BGR24 in your pipeline, isntead of YUV?

tmon
03-03-2005, 02:29 PM
I have to double check this, but I think it was because our old Media 100 was having trouble importing the YUY2 files.....