PDA

View Full Version : International play with a neglected tool or plug-in week.

Wade
03-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Ok next week is National no wait that won’t work – International play with a neglected tool or plug-in week.

I will be giving magic bevel a whirl as it turns out if you open the numeric panel it opens a whole new world with the thing!!!

I had thought it just made cool squiggly things but turns out you can bevel with no taper at all – great for side walks, roads, whatever. As well if you like you can just bevel a two point poly or some outrageously complicated monster of an n-gon…

How about the ability to added or move control points, work in spline mode so much to explore.

So share your quality time whit an under used tool of your choice and make the world a better place…

Share your experience here, and encourage others to.

It has been shown through studies of some sort that a tool not given proper attention is much more likely to get involved in drugs in the teen years.

Really some much goes unused or unseen when you keep walking down that some old path. Live a little

Wade ;)

cresshead
03-01-2005, 03:28 PM
yeah i had a bad experience with a young magic bevel...it went off the rails and started to think it was a smooth shift..we got a court order and put it in re hab where it learnt the true value of "being in the newtek family"... it's now made a full recovery and has helped a bunch of it's closest friends [ hypergrover, julienne, rest on ground, rove tool, snap, drag, and a long time pal sketch] to come to terms with there tendancy to hide away and not get proper use of their talents!

:D

Red_Oddity
03-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Might aswell rename this thread to Intenational this-is-why-you-should-ALWAYS-keep-your-numeric-panel-open-you-dumbo week :)

The power of most tools just lies in the many options hidden in the numeric panel...

Wade
03-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Feels sooooo good to hear the truth - spoken in love - though love thou it be.

I just wander how many hiden jems there are I may have yet to see. It's good to be in a family where it all can come into the open. :p

So it's next week but if you feel like your ready you can start today. :confused: