PDA

View Full Version : T 3 Tmpegenc

D.Smith
04-18-2003, 02:34 AM
Hello,

Will the new T3 come with the full version of the TMPEGenc?

Thanks,

Doug

weaponsInspecto
04-18-2003, 07:22 AM
Hey Doug,

Paul will verify this, but I beleive that TmpgEnc will be accessible from the Render Panel allowing you to encode and send your output to your Authoring program directly from the project, without having to do any avi conversions first.

bbeanan
04-18-2003, 08:43 AM
From the way I read it your TED projects will be saved as an AVI thus you can go into TMPEGNC and encode your project with zero rendering...

My question is with T3 will the RTV file format be gone and replaced with this new AVI??

Paul Lara
04-18-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by D.Smith
Hello,

Will the new T3 come with the full version of the TMPEGenc?

No, it won't Doug.
What VT[3] does offer is the built-in VFAPI frame-server, so you can feed your uncompressed RTV clips directly into MPGEGEnc's great encoder (after you've purchased it from them for a mere $49) or, as was suggested, simply wrap your project as an AVI to create the contiguous file, and feed that into your encoder of choice.

weaponsInspecto
04-18-2003, 09:45 AM
See, you must always go to the source of all knowledge. Plara the Great.

bbeanan
04-18-2003, 09:48 AM
Paul am I correct about not needing to render the TED project to get the AVI file wrapper?

Paul Lara
04-18-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by bbeanan
Paul am I correct about not needing to render the TED project to get the AVI file wrapper?

That's correct!
In some demos I did at NAB, I was getting a 5 minutes uncompressed project, and saving it as an AVI. Not only did it instantly save the project out, but the resultant AVI was about 300k!

I would then shut down VT[3], fire up Windows Meda Player, and play back that project, DVE's, overlays, PAL PiP's and all.