PDA

View Full Version : How do you output Flash files without BG ??

Hervé
04-18-2003, 12:58 AM
How do you output Flash files without BG ?? (like a text without background...)

Yes, indeed I bought the Erain LW 2 Flash, but a background is always here, black or white.... I need to animate a text in SWF, then comp this anim on a backgroung image ( not a color), do you know any advice.....

I suppose the answer must be simple....
Thanks, Hervé

Mylenium
04-18-2003, 06:23 AM
Hi Hervé,

I'm not too familiar with Flash, but I think by definition it always needs a background. If you can output a FLA instead of an SWF you can add that BG later in Flash itself. Otherwise you possibly would have to add that in LW. Another idea would be to output several AI files and then merge them in Flash. But I may be totally wrong...

Mylenium

Hervé
04-18-2003, 06:46 AM
OK, thanks Mylenium, found it.....

it was not evident.... in Dreamwaver, go for properties of yor flash anim, then Parameters, then click the little "+", in the field Parameters, type "wmode", and in the field value, type "transparent", click OK..... it shows only in a browser.... very cool...

You had to actually type those commands, and I was looking for a transparent button to push, ah well....

Thanks

Mylenium
04-18-2003, 09:03 AM
Ah, I see so it was more a problem of embedding the file into HTML. I knew that trick but as far as I remember it doesn't work on certain browsers (Netscape, IE Mac, KDE).

Mylenium

Hervé
04-18-2003, 10:12 AM
yeah, can you believe it, it does indeed not work like you say with some browers, but what else, someone from flash said I should get flash and from there work out ....

It's like Flash plugin for LW and flash authoring are working together....