PDA

View Full Version : LW not responding

oab
02-28-2005, 01:20 PM
I've had to reinstall LW on a PC machine that has been running LW for over a year now without any problems. But after installation when I try to open layout or modeler, it starts to open, then hangs there and eventually comes up programme not responding. I've deleted as many old LW files that I can find in case somethings got corrupt, and tried reinstalling several times both 7.5 and 8, and it just won't start up. Has anyone any ideas before I rebuild the computer from scrath? Thanks, Mike

BeeVee
03-01-2005, 03:17 AM
Did you also install a firewall? You need to allow LightWave full access and to act as a server as well. It will NOT access the internet, LightWave uses TCP/IP for internal communication.

B

oab
03-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the info but no I didn't install anything different in quite a while. I seem to have it running now after about 15 reinstalls. Started working again after reinstalling without the dongle on so it didn't install any license key file. Then reinstalled again over the top. Still had to open license.key in notepad to type in permanent license number, just wouldn't do it using the normal registration process. Maybe something got corrupted in the registry? Anyway working now. I'll get the job finished I'm working on and maybe rebuild the computer just in case. Thanks
Mike