PDA

View Full Version : rendering file output

Bassbloke2000
04-17-2003, 11:32 PM
Hi people,

Just a little problem I am having (I'm finding out how prickly this thing can be) when I attempt to render my scene with custom logo. If I choose AVI output, it tells me it cannot open the file. If I attempt to output to RTV, it tells me that "RTV file acquire timed out (screamernet mode)" what ever that means. The bottom line is that I dont have any fancy rtv file to toast with. Any help with this problem would be much appreciated.

[email protected]

PHilly[Dee]
04-18-2003, 12:51 AM
are you rendering with a renderfarm or just LW?

Bassbloke2000
04-18-2003, 08:43 AM
just good old LW. Didnt know I needed anything else.

PHilly[Dee]
04-18-2003, 11:43 AM
I've never heard of those errors... Hey, I know in the past, in order to render RTVs correctly from Lightwave's "Render Animation", you had to install/copy 3 dlls into your System32 directory... I don't know if this is still the same for LightWave now, but I remember having to do this a while back--Also, I know with some AVI codecs, like DivX, you can't render out NTSC pixel aspect ratios. The pixel aspect has to be a 1.0 for the codec to work...

Hope it's a help...

Bassbloke2000
04-19-2003, 09:47 AM
what I have discovered is that the premade scenes load just fine as long as I dont import my own logo into them. When I import a logo I made in Macromedia freehand MX, then the problems start to arise. Anyone who has streamlined this process of substituting the logo in the premade VT scene for one of their own is encouraged to reply.

I loaded in a simple dove (calvary chapel) logo that I had built in freehand, extruded it in the modeler, replaced "hardware lightwave logo" in the premade stage scene with the dove. I exported the logo as an Adobe illustrator file, which the EPSF loader recognized. But after it was loaded in, strange things began to happen.

1) whenever I tried to resize and reposition the new object on the stage, it would snap back to oringinal size and position when I moved the frame bar.

2) would not write an animation file.

So I have to assume that somehow my logo is not Kosher enough for lightwave. I just want to do what the demonstrator did on the VT demo tape, substitute a logo for another logo in the premade scenes. (WAHHH!) :) :)

[email protected]
(boy I feel like a newbie)

PHilly[Dee]
04-19-2003, 01:28 PM
The snapping action: did you press "create Key"? you gotta create a key after you re-size it so that it remembers what position/rotation/scale you want your logo to stay.

Try instead of writing an animation file, have it render out image sequences. At least you'll get something rendered out of your scene.

lone
04-20-2003, 08:58 AM
do you get the "unable to set stream format" (i think that's it) error? i keep getting it on scenes that worked fine previously. i have yet to get an answer to the problem.