PDA

View Full Version : Uninstalling Plug-ins...?

kevinmcpoland
02-26-2005, 03:00 AM
HI there,

Toitally basic question...I have just got the latest version of surpasses (1.01), and the instructions say to uninstall the previous plug-ins.

Is this simply a case of hunting each of the files installed originally (about 18 of them, not including the cfg files etc) and deleting them using the LW Edit Plug ins command? Or can I just delete the Surpasses folder from the plug ins directory and then delete the buttons from the interface?

I have looked in the good old LW help file (LW 8.2), but suprisingly I can't find any info using Uninstall Plug ins (and plug-ins) or Remove plug ins etc...

I can e-mail Lukasz direct, but thought I would try here first as it's more of a generic question for all Lw plug-ins...

Thanks,

Kev McP

JamesCurtis
02-26-2005, 06:47 AM
Use Edit Plugins unless the plugin has an installer/uninstaller of its own that removes the reference of it from the config files and resaves the config [rare]. deleting the buttons from the interface does not remove the plugins.

JohnMarchant
02-26-2005, 07:44 AM
Kevin, There should be an unistall program in the LightWave main directory. Use this it will be so much easier. Its called Surpass Uninstall

Hope this helps

Regards, John

pazur
02-28-2005, 08:32 AM
Yep, just use the Surpasses_uninstall.exe from main LW dir, it'll get rid of all plugs.
Then install new version.
You do not have to remove any plugs from within LW, just install new over old ones, names didn't change so new will simply overwrite old ones.